What is Modulation? Basically, it’s a fancy title designed to catch your eye, so you’ll read about my little initiative to try and create some more equality in music.
Over the past few years, I have done quite a lot of work to help change to balance for women in music, however, women are not the only minority group. I was thinking about ways I could do a little something to help a little bit, and so I pledge to master one EP a month for free to a BAME or LGBTQ+ band or artist.
So what’s the deal? If you identify with the following criteria, go ahead and fill out the contact form on this page to apply for free mastering!
* If you are a BAME or LGBTQ+ artist or band
* You are unsigned
* You are not receiving any funding
* You are on either your first or second EP
What do you get from this?
* Up to 5 tracks mastered completely free
* All formats needed to release your music
* Feedback on your mixes where necessary
What do I get from running this initiative?
* The satisfaction of feeling like I’m doing my part to help change the balance in the music world
Why am I doing this initiative?
* As well as the equality thing which is currently way off balance, I know how expensive releasing music can be. And so if throughout 2020 I can help 12 different artists release their work, cutting out the expense of mastering so that they can spend more of their budget on promotion, hopefully we will see a tiny bit of change. I really believe that change is going to happen by lots of people doing tiny things.
Some little things to bare in mind -
* I am a one woman mission - I run my studio and all things associated by myself. I already get huge amounts of emails, and so if you don’t get selected for this then I won’t be able to respond or produce feedback. However, that shouldn’t discourage you from applying again later in the year.
* If you are thinking about applying but already have a release date set and are hoping for a quick turnaround, then this project probably isn’t for you. As this is something that I will be doing in my free time, it won’t be possible for me to meet strict deadlines.
* I will choose a winner on the last day of each month (so January’s artist will be chose on the 31st January and mastering will commence in February).
* If you apply, I won’t put you on some weird mailing list and spam you. If you do want to join my mailing list, you can head to my homepage and sign up.
* If you apply, I won’t pass on your personal information or do anything dodgy, promise.
* If you are successful and we end up working together but you’re worried there’s going to be some kind of weird catch then don’t panic. You will still own your masters, and I will send you all 5e formats you need for your release. No weird small print here, just trying to do something good.
* If you’re thinking of applying but aren’t sure whether it’s right for you, are sure you take a look around my websites and see what previous work I’ve done.
* If you find anything problematic with the wording of this page, please let me know. I am constantly learning and always wanting to improve my awareness.
* If you have any questions, just get in touch!